Scope of Services
art24 is a platform for creators and people interested in the field of visual arts. This includes paintings, graphics, drawings, mixed media, photography and sculptures.
The art24 team consists of art historians, artists, art restorers, marketing specialists and IT specialists.
The quality of the uploaded artworks is constantly being examined. Collaborations with museums, higher education institutions and influential people in the arts are being sought in order to maintain the quality standard and to adapt the platform to current events.
Artists who are seriously working on their career as an artist are released on the platform. This requires that the profile is filled out and at least two pieces of art must be uploaded and described in the portfolio. The photos of the artworks must be of high quality.
Also, no works will be released that are liable to criminal prosecution or that disseminate offensive, racist and/or sexist ideas as well as other forms of discrimination, for example ageism or discrimination against the disabled. Services that are not related to the visual or performing arts as well as to music and literature in the broadest sense shall also not be published.
art24 will start first with a support programme for young artists in cooperation with art academies from Germany, Austria and Switzerland. For further regions, additional support programmes will follow. The goal is to support unique and outstanding artists as early as possible and to strengthen their autonomy so that they can build up their existence as independently as possible from galleries. The chosen artists will receive a subscription free of cost as well as access to the worldwide marketing measures of art24. Partners (mainly art academies) are given a number of free subscriptions at the beginning of the partnership, which they can then give away to their artists (the partner has the right of proposal, art24 checks whether the proposal fits into the concept). In the following years the partner can give away an additional number of subscriptions per year.
What awaits you
…as a guest (without registration)
- You can subscribe to our newsletter. This way you will receive information about the latest features of the platform as well as news about artists and their works.
- You have insight into our blog posts. This serves the personal education, information and orientation of the interested person about art events and news related to functions on the platform. You will receive information on upcoming openings/exhibitions, get to know the artists better (e.g., artist interviews), etc.
- You can browse through the platform and view all the works and artists’ profiles for free. But you cannot contact the artist or the seller, this only works with a registration.
- In the future, the platform will offer an automatic translation into almost all languages, including scriptures written from right to left. This does not apply, however, to the content of the descriptions (artist profile and image).
- Filter functions are constantly being added and improved, so they can help you to find works more efficiently and more precisely.
…as a visitor (with registration)
Functions for a guest +
- You can contact the artists and sellers directly, and works can then be purchased directly without any detours.
- A search subscription will inform you by e-mail about new works that match your search criteria.
…as an artist without a subscription
Functions for a guest +
- After registering for free, you can edit your artist profile as well as the portfolio with a maximum of 24 works at any time. The profile contains the name(s), date of birth (and possibly date of death), a description of the style as well as space for a detailed description of the artist and artist groups/collaborations.
- You are a part of the art24 community which gives you access to the art segment and explicit target groups, thanks to art24’s networking and its marketing.
- Through attributes and characteristics that you can assign to a work, it is possible to find the works more efficiently and precisely afterwards via filter functions.
- You can contact other artists and sellers directly and if you are interested you can acquire works directly.
…and as an artist with subscription
Functions for an artist without subscription+
- With a subscription of your choice, you can additionally release a number of works for sale corresponding to the subscription.
- The works for sale appear on the start page under "Art" in a coincidental arrangement.
- Through art24 you can expand your reach and gain new buyers and contacts, also in other countries. You benefit from networking with the art24 community via social media. You also have the opportunity to share your own social media and artists' website.
- By directly contacting buyers and interested parties, there is no gallery operation involved or any third-party influence.
- It is possible to become a "promoted artist" or to apply as "support-worthy".
- With the addition of "promoted artist", you can reduce the price of your current subscription up to 50 %. A minimum number of followers on social media (250) and at least two posts on social media about art24 are required for this.
- The addition as a "support worthy artist" is intended to support artists who have talent and seriously want to work on their career as an artist, but do not have the financial means for a subscription. You can fill out an application form for this. The funding committee will examine the portfolio and clarify the costs.
- You can easily change or cancel your subscription at any time at the end of your chosen subscription period (month or year). There is no exclusivity to the platform for you.
- Your works can be sold at any time through other channels and can be removed from the platform again or marked as "sold" if they are no longer available. If no more works are available for sale and no more works are listed in the portfolio, your profile will continue to exist with your personal information and profile picture.